CalWest's client school seeks an experienced and innovative Middle School Algebra teacher to create and deliver an inquiry-driven, problem-based algebra curriculum that prepares middle school students for success in high school geometry, precalculus, and beyond. This school is an urban, coed, college-preparatory, K-12 school in West Los Angeles recognized for its innovative practices, progressive pedagogy, and commitment to multicultural programming. Their teachers are role models. They embody the mission of our school through their behavior, demeanor, and classroom leadership. They create a classroom environment that sparks curiosity and enhances the learning experience.
Core duties include:
- Collaborating with colleagues to design instructional materials, projects, and assessments
- Differentiating instruction to meet the needs of a range of learners
- Assessing student progress toward mastery of curriculum standards in each course
- Using formative assessment to inform curricular decisions
- Providing personalized summative feedback in narrative form twice a year
- Support social and emotional growth and development of students through caring interaction and instruction in and outside of the classroom
Teachers also serve as advisors, executing advisory curriculum teaching social-emotional learning and multicultural skills and providing academic oversight for their advisees. Advisors help their advisees prepare for student-led conferences and provide regular updates to parents about advisee progress at school.
Teachers are active participants in the life of the school and contribute to the work of school committees and task forces, attend outdoor education trips and student events throughout the year, and provide supervision for lunch, recess, and passing periods.
To be fully considered for this and all current and anticipated openings, we encourage you to upload your resume to our website here: https://calwestlogin.com/apply (Current CalWest candidates need not apply here. Please email us at mysearch@CalWest Educators.com.)
Please note: While we appreciate your interest, due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to all applicants or give individual application status updates; candidates selected for an interview will be notified.