The University of Florida invites applications for a 9-month, tenure-track assistant or associate professor of Mathematics Education to begin by August 2019. This faculty member will join a cohesive, collaborative, and energetic research community of STEM and education faculty committed to high quality scholarship, service, and teaching.
The successful applicant is expected to maintain a systematic line of research; seek external research funding; facilitate interdisciplinary research; contribute to K-12 mathematics educator preparation and graduate studies; and recruit and mentor doctoral students in mathematics education.
- Conduct scholarly activities commensurate with expectations of a tenure-track mathematics education faculty member at a research-intensive university
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and equity in education through scholarship, teaching, and/or service
- Participate and collaborate actively with STEM and education faculty
- Pursue external research funding
- Publish in significant refereed journals
- Recruit, advise, mentor and engage graduate students in research
- Teach (face-to-face and/or online) undergraduate- and graduate-level courses
- Participate in program development
- Provide service to the program, school, college, university, and the profession